How can I set up a reward?
The rewards configuration section is in the ‘Program Settings’ tab. You can create new reward options, edit existing rewards, and activate or pause any of the options that have been configured.
Configuring the Rewards
This section deals with setting up coupon-based rewards. Coupon based rewards include any reward that involves giving the customer a coupon code in exchange for loyalty points. The coupon code may be for a dollar discount, percentage discount, free shipping, free gift with the purchase or it may even be a code for a 3rd party gift certificate.
The system will ask you for the basic configuration details and specifics of the reward.
The configuration fields are explained below:
- Reward Type:
- Fixed amount discount- $10 off
- Percentage discount- 20% off
- Free Shipping
- Product Redemption- To be able to claim a specified product free of cost
- Reward template for the dashboard: You can select a 'Minimal' or 'Visual option', where you can add an image in the tile for Visual and enhance its look and feel.
- Amount: Specify the value/amount for the reward.
- Redemption ID: This field cannot be edited. The ID can be used in the CSS and APIs to uniquely identify this reward.
- Points to be deducted: Points that will be deducted when the code is issued to customers.
- Reward Eligibility:
- Tier-based eligibility, you can decide which tier members will be able to see which rewards. If a particular reward is not enabled for that tier the members won't see it at all even if they have sufficient points.
- Points based eligibility can be used if you want to restrict rewards to those members who have earned a certain number of points in the given time frame, irrespective of the tier they belong to. This is useful in creating promotions where you can promise customers 'special' rewards if they earn XXX points in a given week/month.
- Auto redeems: If this checkbox is checked, the reward will be automatically redeemed for the members when they earn the points required for the reward, provided they satisfy the eligibility condition.
Use this option if you don't want your customers to explicitly go into the dashboard and redeem their points for a code.
Note: If auto redemption is set on multiple rewards, Zinrelo follows a set priority order to decide which rewards should be triggered first. All points-based rewards will be given priority and will be processed in the decreasing order of points required. Then the tier-based rewards will be taken up in the decreasing order of points required.
- Set Reward limit: This places restrictions on how many times a member can redeem the reward.
Note: You may see a few different options based on which e-commerce cart you are on.
All customer-facing text elements in the redemption process can be customized. The following snapshots explain where the respective TEXT configuration elements are used in the redemption process.
The ‘Manage Codes’ section allows you to view all the codes uploaded for the redemption, the number of codes that are used up, the customers to whom the codes were given out to and upload new coupon codes.
Please check the article Managing Coupon Codes for details.